Thursday, March 18, 2010

Back to being a creature of the night....

Today is my last day of normalcy.  Tomorrow, I start night shift again.  I love to work night shift.  Less stress, less management, less visitors, more just me and my patient and the occasional doctor or resident.  But, I also like to sleep.  Preferably in the day time.  And although I have worked night shift off and on for many years, I wonder if I still have it in me now.  I choose nights because it was part time and the night differential will more than make up for losing a day a week.  So, keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.  It is going to be a long weekend.  I am in for a 3 day stretch.  I am still on orientation.  I have to do 8 orientation shifts...maybe less if I can talk them into it.  I just want to get in there and do my job and ask questions when I need to.  But (*sigh*), I have to play by the rules.  So if any of you wake up in the middle of the night, think of me! :)  At least Olivia will be sleeping while I am at work.  That helps make this even better.  I won't miss that much while I am gone!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Good luck! Thinking of you!! :)

Three Js said...

We know you'll do great. Think of us living with the monster also known as our son :) Here's hoping for a stress-free night! Hope we can come over next weekend and check out your new place! We are looking forward to seeing how different everything looks.

Norm said...

Good luck Jennifer!
thinking of you a lot
love dad