Monday, March 1, 2010

It was definitely as hard as I thought it would be....

Today, I went back to work and left my daughter all day long for the first time in 4 months.  I was a wreck running around the house, trying to get everything together and not forget anything.  Moving has been chaotic and the house is full of boxes and things not in their rightful place.  Olivia was smiling this morning, so cheerful and pleasant after yesterday's complete meltdown basically all day long.  I promised myself I wouldn't cry, yet, as I ran down the stairs to get to the car, I have tears streaming down my face.  I know it will get easier, but it seems awful right now.  But, I lived.  And she lived.  And she and Jeff had a great day.  Tomorrow she goes to Grandma Alana Hill's house.  I think I might be more stressed tomorrow, since she is not at home with her dad or I.  But I suspect hospital orientation, day 2, will bore me enough that I will be lulled into complacency.

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Yes, it does get a little easier. I'm sure Olivia will do a lot of sleeping while you are gone. :)

Norm said...

It's probably toughest on mommy.