Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall

Everyone seems to get so excited for Fall....  I just seem to mourn the loss of Summer.  I enjoy the sun and warm days.  I don't like the days and days on end of rain and the cold.  I enjoy Fall when it is not raining, but let's face it...how often does that really happen?  The weather man says it is supposed to be warm coming up this weekend.  I will be ready for that.

So that new treatment on my hair is pretty cool...at least so far.  It takes far less time to flat iron and I wake up almost exactly as I went to bed, so I don't have to redo it really in the morning on the days I don't wash it.  Sweet.  Anything that makes getting dressed faster is a good thing for me.  I am relatively lazy about some things, and getting ready is one of them.  I admire my sister Teri for always looking like a million bucks, even when she is staying home and cleaning house.  You are my role model.  So, if I could get Teri's motivation and Jaime's energy, that would be fabulous.  I would never stop!!! :)

Olivia is still asleep.  She went to bed later than usual last night (2100), but was still up at 0630.  Sigh.  Thankfully, even though I slept all day yesterday in anticpation of work (and then got called off), I did sleep most of the night, so I feel good today.  Just waiting for O to wake up.  Might go to the CM to meet some friends, but Jeff works only half day today, so may stay home just to hang with him.  Since it is RAINING outside, I don't really feel like going anywhere.  But, I am ready if I do.  I even put makeup on today. 

Oh, I hear Olivia now...time to jet!

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Yeah, I guess I kind of have a thing about getting ready in the morning. I'm flattered you noticed. :) Kind of a habit for me now...although I do love my days of not - gasp - EVEN TAKING A SHOWER. It does occasionally happen. :)

Rainy and cold up here today too - I went outside and my hair got wet, which pretty much ruins it for the rest of the day... but since I only have a date with my DVR tonight I guess it's okay.

Three Js said...

Normally I love Fall, but as I get...gasp...older I love summer more. This year we got robbed of a real summer, so I don't think any of us are ready for Fall quite yet!