Sunday, September 26, 2010

I knew as soon as I woke up...

Olivia woke up at 0600, and Jeff being the sweet husband that he is, got up and let me sleep in.  I usually can't go back to sleep at this point, knowing everyone is awake, but I cuddled back up in my warm bed, and I apparently I went right back to sleep.  I woke up again at 0800 and thought "that can't be the right time".  That thought was followed by "oh, I think I have a sore throat".  And then my nose has continued to run like a faucet all day long, with a nice sinus headache to boot.  *sigh*.  I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

On the plus side, (I am ashamed to say it has taken me this long) I went in for my birthday massage from my sisters.  An hour and a half of bliss and torture.  It is no secret I am a musculoskeletal nightmare when it comes to massages.  I never not have knots and I pretty much hurt where ever you rub.  And even muscles I don't think about (i.e. my calf) are painful with knots when the rubbing starts.  Eventually everything settles down, but I am guessing that a massage every year and a half is probably not the way to go (the last time was on the beach in Kona).  So, I chose 6 months after my birthday to enjoy the glorious massage...and vow to not wait that long in the future.  So thanks Jaime and Teri.  It was just what I needed today.

Unfortunately, the cold has taken hold, and I had to cancel a date tomorrow to meet and friend and her just 3 week old baby girl.  Not to mention I can't go see Grandma either.  Frustrating.  So, I hope the get better before the weekend, or I won't be going to the shower either.  :(

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Hope you feel better very soon!

Three Js said...

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed your massage. I've had a lot of kiwis to eat so I've been enjoying kiwi-cantaloupe-sorbet smoothies. If you can muster the energy they have a lot of vitamin C. I've been sick way too much this year already, so I hope I can avoid it...but I won't hold my breath!