Saturday, September 25, 2010

Football

One good thing about Fall is football.  Jeff and I went to his dad and stepmom's today to watch the Alabama vs Arkansas game.  Alabama did not look like the #1 team in the nation for most of the game, but managed to pull it out in the end.  Concurrently, my Cougs were playing USC.  The Cougs actually did quite well in the first half, but USC pulled away to beat them handily.  The next game we paid attention to was OSU vs Boise State.  I really want BS to lose...I keep hoping it will happen, but they are so scrappy and good, they manage to avoid losing.  So, the Beavs go down. Oregon in the lead at this moment with still a bit of game to go.  A pretty good day in the Pac-10 with UCLA and Stanford winning as well (not that I really care, but UCLA did beat #7 Texas, which ROCKS).  So, even on this glorious 80 degree day, the feel of Fall is present because of Football.  And I will concede that I look forward to this part of Fall, even if it does mean I have to deal with the rain.

Olivia enjoyed football day as well, playing outside and climbing up the stairs about 4 times, as well as feeding Jenna all her snacks when she got tired of eating them herself.  Olivia tried salmon today for the first time and seemed to like it.  She also munched happily on a tomato.  It is fun finding foods that we eat that she likes or is able to eat.  Every day it seems like it is something new with her.  I love it. 

No comments: