Friday, September 24, 2010

Justice for all...not

I received another subpoena yesterday...or actually Jeff received it for me.  I had my suspicions when Jeff said there was a non-descript car in our driveway last evening.  But, I was hoping for the best.  That damn criminal who stole my diaperbag out of my cart at Target is still going to trial.  And, although I never saw him do it, I get to testify anyway.  Yea for me (insert sarcasm here). The process server told Jeff he had to serve another lady a subpoena for the same case in our neck of the woods.  That jerk stole a lot of purses that day.  So it seems, those of us who abide by the laws as best we can, who don't generally have criminal tendancies get to be severely inconvienced to have to the chance to try and get the guy who wronged us put in jail.  Sad thing, he will probably be out quick, even if he goes to jail.  It almost seems pointless...almost.  So, I bide my time until October 18th...stress out about finding a babysitter, and hope that this time is the last time.  *sigh*

2 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Hannah doesn't want you to spend her 5th birthday in a courtroom! :)

TUTU said...

Bummer.. again!